Construction Project Manager for NYC Company
The Project Manager is a key figure of the project team, responsible for the overall success of a project. The incumbent must possess excellent leadership skills, as well as be able to successfully set, observe and re-evaluate project priorities frequently.
- Responsible for overseeing the efforts of all project activities and personnel.
- Coordinate with Estimating Department to formulate award schedule for trades during preconstruction.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives; review all project documents, including drawings, specifications contracts, scope of work, and construction schedule.
- Coordinate and facilitate both internal and building kick-off meeting with all key participants.
- Prepare and issue project documents including progress reports, detailed project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates.
- Initiate periodic meetings and other forms of communication with project team members and/or client as appropriate, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to ensure an adequate degree of coordination as needed between disciplines.
- Forecast and track the amount of labor, managerial and material costs necessary to complete a project.
- Perform project status reviews by monitoring project schedule, submittal/RFI logs and open items.
- Monitor project scope for changes affecting budget and/or schedule; identifies cause, advises client, and negotiates changes in fee as appropriate.
- Manage project budget, minimize, and track expenses; provide finance reporting as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables for project as well as subcontractor pay schedule.
- Ensure subcontractors provide certificates of insurance that meet contractual requirements prior to mobilization.
- Resolve subcontractor claims during subcontractor close-out period
- Ensure punch list completion and Department of Buildings sign off.
- Organize and deliver project close-out/As-Built documents.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- At least five years of relevant experience as a Project Manager, preferably in interior, high-end commercial general contracting
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction related degree and equivalent work experience o Must have a proven record of managing complex projects in occupied spaces.
- Must have strong client relations skills and a collaborative disposition. o Demonstrate proficiency in reading commercial construction plans and specifications.
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certification is a plus but not required.
- 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User Certification is a plus but not required.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Procore
- A salary opportunity of between $100k-$180k DOE is being offered to the successful candidate.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is preferred but is not required.
- Interest candidates must have a US passport, Green Card or EAC.
- Please Apply via
For More Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org