Assistant Project Manager needed General Contractor and Real Estate Developer NYC
Affect Group is New York based General Contractor and Real Estate Developer. We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will serve as a vital team member assisting the Senior Project Manager on all aspects of a project. The ideal candidate will be comfortable overseeing the entire operation of the construction site, with a specific focus on document control (RFIS, submittals, material delivery, etc.) subcontractor coordination, design team communication and project reporting.
- Serve as a main point of contact for communication with Owners, PMs and Design Teams members.
- Coordinate and provide input during weekly meetings with subcontractors, design teams, and owner representatives to resolve field conflicts and drive resolution.
- Support project cost and change management process: prepare reports for review with other team members and present at both Owner and internal meetings.
- Assist in development of estimates and bid proposals.
- Oversight/Management of Project Engineer and associated responsibilities including document Control, RFIs, Submittals, Material Delivery Tracking and Meeting Minutes.
- Maintain close relations with subcontractors, including early notification of submittal & material delivery schedule expectations.
- Monitor executed subcontracts and insurance certificates; verify contracts and insurance are in place prior to commencing work.
- Coordinate with Project Scheduler to update and distribute project master schedule with input from the Superintendent and project team.
- Assist the project Superintendent and other team members in the resolution of all critical issues, RFI’s, etc. with a focus on quality, cost and schedule; provide documentation as necessary.
- Manage close-out documentation (as-builts, O&Ms, warranties, test reports, etc.) for submission to Design Team and Owner.
- Punch List: Upload and distribute the punch list through Procore to subcontractors. Assist with coordinating work completion as required and maintain an accurate log of items to be completed.
- Observations and Field Reports: work with the project team to conduct field walks as necessary and compile any corresponding documentation accordingly.
- Review Design Team field reports and work with required parties to resolve open items and drive to resolutions.
- Safety: perform regular safety walks with field and safety staff and record observations.
- Degree in construction, engineering, architecture, real estate, or relevant degree
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programs; Including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project
- Experience using Procore or equivalent
- SST 62 hr supervisory card a plus
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Salary Range: $80-$90k depending on experience + benefits
- Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org