The Center employs certified instructors to teach classes at all levels (beginners, intermediate and advanced) covering Internet and E-Mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and QuickBooks (accounting software program). Students are always welcome to use the computers during opening hours for practice or to complete homework.
Computer classes for seniors take place on Thursday mornings at 9:30am (Introduction to Computers).
NEW Computer Course - "A FRESH START"
Put your career on a fast track with A Fresh Start: Aisling Irish Center 's intensive computer program that will give you the skills to succeed. The heart of this program is a hands-on practical grounding in the Microsoft Office Suite 2010. This course is designed to give students a more in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, which includes Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
Computer Intensive Curriculum
Prerequisites : Basic knowledge of Office 2010 and/or Computers
Course Length : 10 weeks
- Session One: Class Introduction, MS Windows, Computer Terminology, Email, Web
- Session Two - Four: Microsoft Word — essentials, formatting, tables, mail merge, and more
- Sessions Five -Eight: Microsoft Excel —basics, spreadsheets, and functions
- Sessions Nine - Ten: Microsoft PowerPoint - Create Slides, insert transitions, insert animations, sort slides, smart art graphics, background and slide designs / Outlook – create appointments, meetings, distribution lists, return receipts, signatures
*Curriculum may vary based on students' knowledge and experience.
Call 914-237-5121 or e-mail email@example.com to register.
WEEKLY SCHEDULE OF COMPUTER CLASSES
Computers for Beginners
Monday (7:30pm - 9:00pm) for 6 weeks
Microsoft WORD or EXCEL (Office 2010)
Tuesday (7:30pm – 9:00pm) for 6 weeks
A FRESH START (Microsoft Office 2010)
Wednesday (7:30pm – 9:00pm) for 10 weeks
BASIC COMPUTERS for SENIORS (Internet, E-Mail, Basic Word Documents)
Wednesday (10:00am-11:30am) for 6 weeks
QUICKBOOKS for BEGINNERS and ADVANCED (Accounting Software Program)
Thursday (7:30pm – 9:00pm)
Irish language class for CHILDREN
The Center offers an Irish Language class for young children every Saturday morning at 10:00am. The course is taught by a qualified National School Teacher who has extensive experience in Gaelscoil Schools. These classes are of particular interest to families who may be planning on relocating to Ireland or to parents who would like their children to have a basic grasp of the the Irish language because of its importance in terms of the Irish culture.
NEW - Irish language conversation group for ADULTS (Beginners)
This class is for adults who wish to revive or learn the Irish language for conversation purposes. The class will take place every Thursday night between 7:00pm-8:00pm.
NEW - Spanish Conversation (Level One)
Beginning Spanish for students with no previous formal study of the language. Includes correct pronunciation, basic grammar and conversation, and common communications such as informal greetings and numbers.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Pronounce words using the Spanish sound system.
- Use basic and common expressions in conversation.
- Use basic grammar to obtain information and describe people, places, things, events and activities.
- I. Pronunciation
- II. Common Communications - Greetings and farewells, polite inquiries and courtesy phrases, numbers up to 100, phone numbers, days of the week and months of the year, dates, and time.